The Citizen by Investment programme of St. Lucia was launched in October 2015, making St. Lucia the most recent entrant on this scene. This programme allows foreign investors to acquire citizenship under certain conditions. St. Lucia has started accepting applications as of 1 January 2016. This programme is a new Caribbean entrant to one already having the very successfully St Kitts one as well as the programme run by Antigua.
About St. Lucia
St Lucia is a democratic island in the Eastern Caribbean whose Prime Minister is Dr Kenny Anthony. The government is one of a parliamentary democracy and the governor-general represents the sovereign, Queen Elizabeth II. The country’s currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar, which is pegged to the United States dollar
The island covers a land area of 617 square km and has a population of over 174,000. The island is known for its Twin Mountains, The Pitons and reef diving sites as well as its rainforest and many other fascinating sites. It is also one of the few places in the world that boasts a drive-in volcano.
Benefits of the Programme
- Visa-free travel or visa on arrival to 120 countries including Commonwealth countries and EU member states. Ranking the ordinary Saint Lucian passport 35th in the world according to the Visa Restrictions Index
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- No requirement to reside in St. Lucia
- The application process is confidential
- Excellent incentives for business and investment
- Tax free status on inheritance tax, worldwide income and capital gains tax;
- Rights to travel and work within the OECS and CARICOM region
St. Lucia was launched in October, 2015 allowing foreign
National Economic Fund
To qualify under this option, an applicant requires a non-refundable donation (onetime fee based on family size).
- Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 200,000 is required
- Main Applicant and Spouse: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 235,000 is required
- Applicant with spouse and 2 qualifying dependents: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 250,000 is required
- Additional contribution for each dependent above seven dependents US$ 25,000.00
Approved Real Estate Project
To qualify for citizenship under this option, an applicant must make an investment in an approved real estate project.
Applicant (with or without family): US$300,000 minimum investment
Approved Enterprise Project
To qualify under this option, an applicant must make an investment into an approved enterprise:
- Single Applicant: US$3,500,000 (plus no less than 3 permanent jobs)
- More than one applicant: US$6,000,000 (plus no less than 6 permanent jobs)
- With each applicant contributing a minimum of US$1,000,000.
Purchase of non-interest bearing Government Bonds
To qualify under this option, an applicant must make an investment by purchasing non-interest bearing Government bonds with a 5 year holding period:
- Single Applicant: US$ 500,000 Government bond
- Main Applicant and Spouse: US$ 535,000 Government bond
- Applicant with spouse and 2 qualifying dependents: US$ 550,000 Government bond
- Each additional qualifying dependents: US$ 25,000 extra for each
All forms of Investments carry additional fees for due diligence checks, Government fees and processing fees.
For further information please contact:
+1 282 494 9820